Revolution Beauty Haul


So a couple of weeks ago, I took full advantage of the Revolution 3 for 2 offer on their website. There were many products I had been looking at for a while so there wasn't really a better time to make a purchase. I've had a bit of time to use the products and test them out to let you know what I think and whether they are worth the purchase or not.



I'll start by talking about the skincare products I picked up. Revolution are known for their affordable, but effective skincare products so I wanted to try them for myself.

I picked up the Revolution Skincare Hydrating Watermelon Eye Gel as I love anything gels, and I love the scent of watermelon. I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed with this. It smells very strong of chemicals rather than watermelon, and for something going so close to my eyes, it's not something I particularly liked. I have some other eye creams and gels which I would use in favour of this so I probably won't use this.
I got the Moisture Cream SPF30 for Normal/Oily Skin as this cream has a high SPF so perfect for in the summer to protect your face when the sun is a lot stronger and brighter. This cream is amazing - I put it on every morning, either on its own or under my makeup and it works really well. It smells like suncream which is don't mind the smell of but just a heads up if you don't.
The next thing I purchased was one of their serums, the Targeted Blemish Serum 2% Salicylic Acid. I have always suffered with blemishes on my skin so thought I'd try this out. I haven't noticed a massive difference yet but I'm going to give it some more time.
The final skincare product I picked up was the Never Basic Starter Pack Collection which includes 3 different skincare solutions - 0.2% Retinol, 2% Hyaluronic Acid and 10% Niacinamide + 1% Zinc. Each solution targets specific areas and concerns of the skin, so I bought the little ones to see which ones worked for me before I bought the big bottle. I find these solutions quite oily on my skin, as I have naturally oily skin anyway, so these would be good for people with drier skin.



In terms of makeup, I picked up 5 items in my purchase.

The first product I picked up was the Revolution X Petra XOXO Contour and Highlight Face Palette. I didn't originally set out to buy this, but when I saw the shades I instantly added it to my basket. The shades are perfect for people with lighter skin tones like myself, and I have been using this more than I thought it would. Definitely worth the money in my opinion, and amazing packaging!
I also picked up the new Revolution Soap Styler for your brows. I have seen so many brands advertising their version of this, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. After having my brows laminated back in February, I loved the way they look and wanted to keep this look when the lamination went. This soap styler really does work, and with it being in a compact, it's brilliant for travelling or taking with you to top up in the day.
I picked up the new Universal Pressed Powder from their Infinite collection. This translucent powder in a compact is perfect for taking on the go and mattifying the face throughout the day. The fact the compact also has a mirror is a massive bonus. I find this powder really finely milled and literally melts into the skin.
From I Heart Revolution, I picked up their Dewy Watermelon Setting Spray. Unlike the eye gel previously in this post, this setting spray smells amazing and so strong of watermelon! This spray really hydrates the face after makeup and sets your makeup ready for the day.
The final makeup product I got was the I Heart Revolution Heartbreakers Highlighter in the shade Unique. This highlighter is beautiful, and isn't too shimmery. It leaves a really nice sheen on the skin which isn't too 'in-your-face' (of course, unless you like that look, I just don't suit it).


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please let me know what your favourite product or products are from my haul and what types of posts you'd like to see in the future.

Daisy x












No comments :

Post a Comment